Every musician on the scheme has the opportunity to attend a range of structured training sessions to support their professional development in not only their work with LMNS, but helping to make them more employable musicians in the wider sector.
A programme of training opportunities is developed each year in response to the needs of musicians. Sessions include:
- Induction for all new musicians (mandatory)
- Brexit Do’s and Don’ts for freelance musicians
- Brexit legislation and compliance for artists
- Child Protection
- Fixers Friend – basic admin for freelancers
- How to build a concert programme
- Music & Children with Additional Support Needs (mandatory)
- Music & Dementia (mandatory)
- Musician to Manager
- Positive Performance
- Singing for Non-Singers
- Speaking Out – what to say and how to say it well
- Tax Matters
- The Green Musician
- Wellbeing Forum – a safe space for musicians to talk about mental health
Training sessions are offered free of charge to musicians and take place in person or online. Musicians also receive regular e-newsletters sharing funding, job and development opportunities provided by outside organisations.
Project specific training is also offered to ensure musicians are equipped to work in different environments, such as services for veterans and working with Looked After Children.