This accessibility statement applies to the website at livemusicnow.scot. This website is run by Live Music Now Scotland.
About Website Accessibility
Making our site accessible
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website and the design of this site is intended to support this aim. We have put in a number of features that should support all users to access our work and material, including:
- high-contrast colours and fonts;
- aria-labels included across the site, including for for icons and hidden links;
- skip links for navigation;
- flowable text to avoid text spilling off the screen at larger sizes;
- semantic structuring of text to support speech recognition software and screen-reader technologies (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver);
- use of alt descriptions for functional images;
- ability to change colours, contrast levels and fonts through an accessibility toolbar.
We have also tried to keep our web content as clear and easy-to-read as possible to help you understand our work.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We have worked to ensure that this website is accessible to a wide range of users and complies with the current minimum WCAG 2.1 Level AA standard as far as possible.
In some cases there may be times when not all aspects of the site are available to everyone, for example:
- older PDFs may not be fully accessible to screen-readers;
- videos and streams may not have accessible captions;
- text sizing and line spacing may vary depending on the users device.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please do contact us at email@example.com, or on 0131 332 6356.
We will always take your requests seriously and will make every effort to address any issues.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 0131 332 6356
We’ll consider all requests and aim to provide the support you need to access our services. In this instance we will aim to respond to you in 3 business days.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
This website aims to be compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. In certain instances, there may be elements that do not meet this standard. Where possible we will always aim to address these issues and correct any inaccessible features. Occasionally, some of these elements may fall under the category of ‘disproportionate burden’ where fixing these is outwith the scope of the services that we provide.
Content outwith the scope of accessibility remit
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents. We aim to ensure that new documents we publish meet accessibility standards. We will also aim to provide this information as accessible HTML pages wherever possible.
We are not always able to provide captions for the videos we embed or link to on our website. Where captions are possible we will aim to include these.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was last revised on 31 May 2021.